Just wanted to plug my upcoming presentation at the Cleveland .NET SIG…. Oct 12th at the Microsoft offices in Independence, OH.
Topic will be “Bag O’ Tricks: WPF and Entity Framework”
I plan to share lessons, tips, and tricks from my experiences with WPF 4.0 and Entity Framework 4.0. Even if you aren’t using WPF, I think you may find these topics useful since many are are also applicable for other technology stacks, including Silverlight, Windows Phone, Windows Forms, and even web apps.
- EF Self Tracking Entities
- Using EF to construct a “domain model”
- Modifications to the T4 template for use with WPF
- “Delayed Initialization”
- “Undo / Redo” (I think this is pretty cool!)
- “Reactive” programming with INotifyPropertyChanged, Observable Collections, and Continuous Linq
- MVVM & ViewModel Locators
- Handling WPF Focus issues
I may tweak this list a bit and/or pare this back a bit, but these are the topics I hope to cover.
Hope to see you there!